Thank you to everyone to came on our Fungi Walk today. And special thanks to our guide, Lukas Large, for his expertise. We had great sunshine and some fantastic fungi! #warstonelanecemetery #keyhillcemetery #fungiwalk...
Amazing photos of last nights Pumpkin Spectacular thanks to @jq_bid
This is one of our favourite events of the year and the 3rd year was bigger and better than ever. Thank you to everyone who made it possible- @sustrans, @jq_bid staff @bhamcitycouncil Bereavement Services, all the volunteers and of course everyone that added a pumpkin to our display!
So many talented pumpkin carvers including local businesses like wheedon architects, Blue Thorn and @carouselsocial...
The Pumpkin Spectacular is back for it's 3rd year! This event is free to attend and no booking is required. This event takes place in the Catacombs Circle in Warstone Lane Cemetery.
How to get involved
1. Bring a pumpkin to add to the display
Don't have a pumpkin? Come along from 4pm til 5.30pm and carve one of ours! £2 per pumpkin including use of our carving tools and templates.
2. See the pumpkin display lit up. We'll make sure all the candles are lit by 6pm when the sun starts to set.
3. Enjoy the display, visit our stall holders and take part in activities like badge making with Sustrans and bat detecting with Sustainable Life.
4. Take your pumpkin home at the end or leave it with us - all pumpkins will be repurposed or composted.
Don't fancy carving a pumpkin? You are still welcome to attend and view the pumpkins!
This event ends after sunset and the cemetery has no street lighting. Although we will be lighting the event spaces and main pathways, we suggest that visitors may wish to bring a torch....
We are so excited about all the events happening in Warstone Lane Cemetery tomorrow for #jqfestival 2022
Join us and the @friendskeyhillwarstonelanecem to
1. Visit the friends on their sales and info stall and learn more about their work
2. Make your own beautiful blueprint photos using light sensitive paper and natural objects with @jo_gane1
3. Learn about useful and edible plants on a beginners foraging walk with @suslifeuk
4. Enjoy the exploits of Sherlock Holmes in the Sign of Four by @dontgointothecellar outdoors in the catacombs circle.
Photos of some of the wildlife that call Warstone Lane Cemetery home. Join us and @caringforgodsacre on Saturday from 10am til 1pm for a bioblitz to help us count them all! We'll have experts on hand to help us with identification and fun activities for all the family....